I would agree that my main goal is to become a successful teacher language arts, and be able to incorporate it throughout all curriculum. Language arts is also my focus topic at MSU. Since it is my focus topic I also would be to learn unique ways to form a passion in each child, or at least for them to understand why language arts is to important. I am also very focused and passionate about making my classroom a fun environment where students want to learn. It can be seen from numerous articles that exceling in reading and writing benefits students in other subject areas. That is definitely my goal for this class to become the best teacher I can be for my students.
Monday, January 14, 2013
Kelsey Kassab 1st Post Response
I would agree that my main goal is to become a successful teacher language arts, and be able to incorporate it throughout all curriculum. Language arts is also my focus topic at MSU. Since it is my focus topic I also would be to learn unique ways to form a passion in each child, or at least for them to understand why language arts is to important. I am also very focused and passionate about making my classroom a fun environment where students want to learn. It can be seen from numerous articles that exceling in reading and writing benefits students in other subject areas. That is definitely my goal for this class to become the best teacher I can be for my students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My main learning goal for TE 402 is similar to the main learning goals as Taylor and Kelsey. My hope is at the end of this course I will have learned different teaching techniques and affective lessons to do with my future students. I hope that this course will also expand my current knowledge within the Language Arts field and I will have had a sufficient amount of practice teaching in this field at the end of the semester. For the field component of the course I want to make sure that I also treat each student equally and provide the necessary resources for each student to make this happen. Overall, I think the three goals listed in the syllabus are important to keep in mind throughout the course and I will try my best to meet them.
ReplyDeletePrior to taking TE 401, I was pretty much set on what setting and context I wanted to teach in in the future. I wanted to teach in a suburban school district with students who came from the same background that I came from. I wanted to teach in a similar school setting to the schools that I attended growing up. However, after taking the urban infused section of this course and being given the opportunity to teach in an urban setting, I have grown to love teaching in a different school context. I never attended a school that was in a city and with an array of diverse students. I am now more open to teaching in an urban setting and in fact I am starting to prefer this setting. I would be open to teacher wherever I can find a job, but there is something very rewarding about teaching children who may have not been given the same opportunities growing up as students in other communities.
Just like Kelsey, I am also a Language Arts major. Therefore, I am excited about taking the Language Arts section of TE 402, because I can finally practice how to teach Language Arts in the classroom. I think practicing both the written and spoken parts of Literacy will be very beneficial to adding to my repertoire.
I found the jigsaw articles to be very interesting and I could relate to them. I found the article that Taylor pointed out to be especially interesting and important. This is because I could relate to its message that students should all be given the same opportunities and an equal amount of instruction from teachers as everyone else. This is a very important point and I hope to give future students equal opportunities especially if I teach in an urban setting.