Noelle and I are working on Visual Literacy and we've decided to use SlideRocket to present the information we learn about! Until this project, I had honestly never explored or even heard of this type of digital technology. It's very similar to a powerpoint style, however it has a much different layout and thus far seems more interesting to use. This is a good source to use for teaching because it's not the standard textbook way, rather it's fun and enjoyable and can include images/videos/fun effects and designs. Sliderocket could be used as a good guide when presenting material. Meaning we could show each page and use the text provided as notes and include more information on the topic verbally.
On our topic of visual literacy I personally have learned a lot of new things. Besides realizing how important this concept is in literacy, I've learned ways to incorporate it into my classroom. Such as several visuals; charts, graphs, posters, pictures, text, font, etc. I also have learned that if students do not understand the meaning of what they see, then they are unable to write down their feelings and thoughts (visual literacy).
No comments:
Post a Comment